The vision of Bulgarian Institute for Standardization as National Standardization Body in Bulgaria is to be an institution of European identity and national significance, recognizable both at national level and in the global world, striving to approximate and reflect the interests of all concerned, offering standards, services and solutions of the highest quality.
The BDS Mission is to take into account, bring together, harmonize and democratically balance the interests of all interested in standardization, private, public and civil entities.
By attracting and engaging with standardization activities manufacturers, suppliers, consumers, government institutions and public organizations, social partners, conformity assessment bodies, scientific and academic backgrounds, BDS ensures through an effective process and adherence to value development principles standards at national, European and international level.
BDS is constantly striving to improve the quality of products and services by:
• Improvement and optimization of the work organization of the BDS administration
• Development and implementation of long-term Marketing strategy with a view to increasing the recognition of BDS and creating new products and services for continuous increasing of the satisfaction of BDS customers
• Increasing of BDS standardization system effectiveness and expanding the standardization activity in new areas and sectors
• Directing of the standardization activity to priority areas and sectors
• Fulfilment of European Low requirements for facilitating SME access to standards and involve them in development processes
• Maintenance active relationship with research organizations and universities
• Intensification of the relationship with public authorities, public (non-governmental) and consumer protection organizations
• Establishing efficient and mutually beneficial relationships with national and international bodies, suppliers and BDS experts
• Continuous improvement of the qualification and motivation of BDS staff and BDS/TC experts
• Compliance with the requirements of the regulations and continuous improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
The BDS management is convinced that meeting the requirements for compliance and continuous improvement of the efficiency of the quality management system of BDS are possible only by applying the requirements of BDS EN ISO 9001:2015.
The BDS management will perform yearly management review and will define specific quality goals and measurable criteria and tasks for their achievement. The continuous and consistent quality policy and implementation of quality goals are obligation and responsibility of all BDS staff independently of their position.