(1) This European Standard provides a design method for fastenings (connection of structural elements and non-structural elements to structural components), which are used to transmit actions to the concrete. This design method uses physical models which are based on a combination of tests and numerical analysis consistent with EN 1990:2002, 5.2.
The requirements for the transmission of the fastener loads within the concrete member to its supports are given in EN 1992-1-1 and Annex A of this EN.
Inserts embedded in precast concrete elements during production, under Factory Production Control (FPC) conditions and with the due reinforcement, intended for use only during transient situations for lifting and handling, are covered by CEN/TR 15728.
(2) This EN is intended for safety related applications in which the failure of fastenings may result in collapse or partial collapse of the structure, cause risk to human life or lead to significant economic loss. In this context it also covers non-structural elements.
(3) The support of the fixture can be either statically determinate or statically indeterminate. Each support can consist of one fastener or a group of fasteners.
(4) This EN is valid for applications which fall within the scope of the EN 1992 series. In applications where special considerations apply, e.g. nuclear power plants or civil defence structures, modifications can be necessary.
(5) This EN does not cover the design of the fixture. The requirements for the design of the fixture are given in the appropriate Standards and fulfil the requirements on the fixture as given in this EN.
(6) This document relies on characteristic resistances and distances which are stated in a European Technical Product Specification (see Annex E). At least the characteristics of Annex E are given in a European Technical Product Specification for the corresponding loading conditions providing a basis for the design methods of this EN.
NOTE The numerical values for certain parameters given in Notes can be used for pre-dimensioning. The values for verification are given in the European Technical Product Specifications and may be different.
1.2 Type of fasteners and fastening groups
(1) This EN uses the fastener design theory ) (see Figure 1.1) and applies to:
a) cast-in fasteners such as headed fasteners, anchor channels with rigid connection (e.g. welded, forged) between anchor and channel;
b) post-installed mechanical fasteners such as expansion fasteners, undercut fasteners and concrete screws;
c) post-installed bonded fasteners and bonded expansion fasteners.
(2) For other types of fasteners modifications of the design provisions can be necessary.
(3) This EN applies to fasteners with established suitability for the specified application in concrete covered by provisions, which refer to this EN and provide data required by this EN. The suitability of the fastener is stated in the relevant European Technical Product Specification.
(4) This EN applies to single fasteners and groups of fasteners. In a group of fasteners the loads are applied to the individual fasteners of the group by means of a common fixture. In a group of fasteners this European Standard applies only if fasteners of the same type and size are used.
(5) The configurations of fastenings with cast-in place headed fasteners and post-installed fasteners covered by this EN are shown in Figure 1.2.
(6) For anchor channels the number of anchors is not limited.
(7) Post-installed ribbed reinforcing bars used to connect concrete members are covered by a European Technical Product Specification. This EN applies when connections are designed in accordance with EN 1992-1-1.
1.3 Fastener dimensions and materials
(1) This EN applies to fasteners with a minimum diameter or a minimum thread size of 6 mm (M6) or a corresponding cross section. (....)
When the standard is harmonized under a directive or regulation, the word Harmonized appear. When such an inscription does not appear, it means that the standard is related to / supporting the relevant directive or regulation.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
СД CEN/TS 1992-4-4:2009
СД CEN/TS 1992-4-2:2009
СД CEN/TS 1992-4-1:2009
СД CEN/TS 1992-4-3:2009
СД CEN/TS 1992-4-5:2009
БДС EN 1992-4:2018
90.20 Standard under periodical review
Oct 15, 2023
prБДС EN 1992-4:2018/prA1:2023
Аn opinion on draft and published standards at national, European and international level can be given at stage 40.20 Public Enquiry, 90.20 Systematic review and 95.20 Proposal for withdrawal for pure national standards.
The members of technical committees with active participation have the obligation to vote on drafts at stage 30.20 Committee voting and 50.20 Formal Vote as well.
An opinion on the document can be submitted by clicking on the "Login" button, if you have an account. If you do not have an account, you need to click on the "Login" button, then register by creating your account and return to this draft/standard.