This European Standard is applicable to manhole tops and gully tops with a clear opening up to and including 1 000 mm for covering gullies, manholes and inspection chambers installed in areas subjected to pedestrian and/or vehicular traffic. It specifies definitions, classification, general principles of design, performance requirements and test methods for gully tops and manhole tops according to:
- EN 124 2, for gully tops and manhole tops made of cast iron;
- EN 124 3, for gully tops and manhole tops made of steel or aluminium alloy;
- EN 124 4, for gully tops and manhole tops made of steel reinforced concrete;
- EN 124 5, for gully tops and manhole tops made of composite materials;
- EN 124 6, for gully tops and manhole tops made of polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE) or unplasticized poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC-U).
Part 1 is only applicable in combination with at least one of the standards EN 124 2, EN 124 3, EN 124 4, EN 124 5 and EN 124 6 each of which has this Part 1 as an integral part.
This European Standard is not applicable to:
- gratings/covers as part of prefabricated drainage channels according to EN 1433,
- floor and roof gullies in buildings which are specified in EN 1253 1,
- surface boxes.
When the standard is harmonized under a directive or regulation, the word Harmonized appear. When such an inscription does not appear, it means that the standard is related to / supporting the relevant directive or regulation.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
БДС EN 124:2003
БДС EN 124-1:2015
90.93 Standard confirmed
Jun 11, 2021