This European Standard applies to coating machines applying the wet process for off-line coating of base paper including unwind unit, coating units, drying section, flotation and infrared dryer, smoothing unit, integrated calender, measuring device, reel-up, integrated sheeter, drives and control system and applies together with
EN 1034-1:2000+A1:2010. It deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and hazard events relevant to coating machines, when used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).
This document does not deal with pressure hazards in steam-heated drying cylinders.
NOTE Directive 97/23/EC gives essential safety requirements for equipment under pressure.
This document does not apply to:
- paper and board making machines,
- equipment for the treatment of coating substances,
- coating machines using solvent-based colours,
- coating machines applying silicon, adhesives or resin onto the paper web,
- printing and varnishing machines,
- integrated conveyors and cranes designed for transporting reels/shells (reel spools) and for machine maintenance,
- integrated fire extinguishing equipment.
This document is not applicable to coating machines which are manufactured before the date of publication as an EN.
When the standard is harmonized under a directive or regulation, the word Harmonized appear. When such an inscription does not appear, it means that the standard is related to / supporting the relevant directive or regulation.
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)Harmonized
БДС EN 1034-21:2012
90.93 Standard confirmed
Aug 9, 2018