(1) EN 1999-1-3 gives the basis for the design of aluminium alloy structures with respect to the limit state of fracture induced by fatigue.
(2) EN 1999-1-3 gives rules for:
- Safe life design;
- damage tolerant design;
- design assisted by testing.
(3) EN 1999-1-3 is intended to be used in conjunction with EN 1090-3 "Technical requirements for the execution of aluminium structures" which contains the requirements necessary for the design assumptions to be met during execution of components and structures.
(4) EN 1999-1-3 does not cover pressurised containment vessels or pipe-work.