This document applies to:
- Pre-press machinery (machinery and devices for the production of master copies and printing forms):
- exposure equipment for the production of films and printing forms;
- equipment for developing films and printing forms;
- washing machines for printing forms;
- machines for bending printing forms;
- punching machines for film and printing forms;
- cutting machines for film and printing forms;
- machines for the production of gravure printing forms;
- Printing and varnishing machines:
- proofing presses;
- sheet-fed printing presses and varnishing machines including digital printing presses;
- web-fed rotary presses and varnishing machines including digital printing presses;
- screen printing presses.
- Auxiliary devices:
- cylinder and roller washing devices;
- continuous flow drying devices;
- powder spraying devices;
- auxiliary devices on inking and damping units;
- automatic plate clamping devices;
- washing equipment for printing forms, rollers and scrapers;
- pile turners;
- measuring and control devices.
This document shall be used together with !EN 1010-1:2004+A1". Both parts together identify all significant hazards relevant to printing and varnishing machines including pre-press machinery and auxiliary devices, when they are used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer (see clause 4). The specific requirements specified in prEN 1010-2 take precedence over respecti¬ve requirements in this standard.
This document does not deal with risks generated by noise emitted from the machines. These issues are fundamentally covered in EN 1010-1:2004+A1.
This document does not apply to high-pressure cleaning devices and screen printing presses for textile substrates.
This document is not applicable to printing and varnishing machines including pre-press machinery which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document by CEN.
When the standard is harmonized under a directive or regulation, the word Harmonized appear. When such an inscription does not appear, it means that the standard is related to / supporting the relevant directive or regulation.
Equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX)Harmonized
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)Harmonized
Directive 2014/34/EU Of The European Parliament And Of The Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres (recast)Harmonized