This European Standard is applicable to shoe and leather presses (see 3.1) used in the manufacture of footwear, leather and imitation leather goods and other related components. These machines are:
- Sole attaching presses (open and closed types);
- Sole and insole moulding machines;
- Back part moulding machines;
- Backer, lining and toe puff attaching presses;
- Ironing presses;
- Marking, stamping, labelling and embossing machines;
- Stitch marking machines;
- Upper preforming machines;
- Automatic shoe and leather presses;
a) Premoulding machines for thermoplastic counters and counter forming machines;
b) Integrated manufacturing systems;
c) Presses with mobile stations and rotary configuration;
- Folding presses;
- Activating presses;
- Relasting and last slipping machines;
- Top piece attaching presses;
- Leather button covering machines.
1.2 This European Standard is not applicable to:
- Cutting and punching machines;
NOTE !See EN 12044."
- Eyelet, hook and decorative nail attaching machines;
- Presses used for shoe repair and orthopaedic works
NOTE "See EN 12387."
1.3 This European Standard specifies safety requirements for construction, transport, installation, adjustment, setting, teaching or process change-over, operation, cleaning, maintenance, decommissioning, dismantling and, as far as safety is concerned, disposal for machines mentioned in 1.1.
It takes account of intended use, foreseeable misuse, component and system failure.
1.4 This European Standard covers significant hazards relevant to the footwear, leather and imitation leather goods manufacturing industries. (List of hazards see 4.)
This European Standard does not deal with precise technical measures for reducing the risks of fumes and dusts detrimental to health.
The use of machines within the scope of this European Standard in industries other than those specified in 1.1 can give rise to hazard not considered during its preparation.
When the standard is harmonized under a directive or regulation, the word Harmonized appear. When such an inscription does not appear, it means that the standard is related to / supporting the relevant directive or regulation.
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)Harmonized
БДС EN 12203:2003
БДС EN 12203:2003+A1:2009
90.93 Standard confirmed
Jun 22, 2022