(1) EN 1999-1-1 gives basic design rules for structures made of wrought aluminium alloys and limited guidance for cast alloys (see section 3).
NOTE Minimum material thickness may be defined in the National Annex. The following limits are recommended – if not otherwise explicitly stated in this standard:
- components with material thickness not less than 0,6 mm;
- welded components with material thickness not less than 1,5 mm;
- connections with:
o steel bolts and pins with diameter not less than 5 mm;
o aluminium bolts and pins with diameter not less than 8 mm;
o rivets and thread forming screws with diameter not less than 4,2 mm
(2) The following subjects are dealt with in EN 1999-1-1:
Section 1: General
Section 2: Basis of design
Section 3: Materials
Section 4: Durability
Section 5: Structural analysis
Section 6: Ultimate limit states for members
Section 7: Serviceability limit states
Section 8: Design of joints
Annex A Execution classes
Annex B Equivalent T-stub in tension
Annex C Materials selection
Annex D Corrosion and surface protection
Annex E Analytical models for stress strain relationship
Annex F Behaviour of cross section beyond elastic limit
Annex G Rotation capacity
Annex H Plastic hinge method for continuous beams
Annex I Lateral torsional buckling of beams and torsional or flexural-torsional buckling of compression members
Annex J Properties of cross sections
Annex K Shear lag effects in member design
Annex L Classification of connections
Annex M Adhesive bonded connections
(3) Sections 1 to 2 provide additional clauses to those given in EN 1990 “Basis of structural design”.
(4) Section 3 deals with material properties of products made of structural aluminium alloys.
(5) Section 4 gives general rules for durability.
(6) Section 5 refers to the structural analysis of structures, in which the members can be modelled with sufficient accuracy as line elements for global analysis.
(7) Section 6 g
When the standard is harmonized under a directive or regulation, the word Harmonized appear. When such an inscription does not appear, it means that the standard is related to / supporting the relevant directive or regulation.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec