1.1 Scope of EN 1991-1-9
(1) EN 1991-1-9 gives principles and rules to determine the values of loads due to atmospheric icing to be used for following types of structures:
- antennas and antenna structures,
- cables, stays, guy ropes, etc.,
- rope ways (cable railways),
- structures for ski-lifts,
- buildings or parts of them exposed to potential icing,
- towers for special types of construction such as for example transmission lines and wind turbines.
NOTE Atmospheric icing on electrical overhead lines is covered by EN 50341-1.
(2) EN 1991-1-9 specifies values for:
- dimensions and weight of accreted ice,
- shapes of accreted ice.
(3) EN 1991-1-9 cover types of icing, ice loads acting on structures, and falling ice considerations.
NOTE Wind actions on iced structures are covered by EN 1991-1-4.
The assumptions given in FprEN 1990:2022, 1.2 apply to EN 1991-1-9.
prБДС EN 1991-1-9:2023
40.20 DIS ballot initiated
Mar 2, 2023
Аn opinion on draft and published standards at national, European and international level can be given at stage 40.20 Public Enquiry, 90.20 Systematic review and 95.20 Proposal for withdrawal for pure national standards.
The members of technical committees with active participation have the obligation to vote on drafts at stage 30.20 Committee voting and 50.20 Formal Vote as well.
An opinion on the document can be submitted by clicking on the "Login" button, if you have an account. If you do not have an account, you need to click on the "Login" button, then register by creating your account and return to this draft/standard.