This document describes the specific functional requirements for the transportation of gases (gaseous energy carriers) through service lines in addition to the general functional requirements of EN 12007-1 for:
a) a maximum operating pressure (MOP) up to and including 16 bar;
b) an operating temperature between -20 °C and +40 °C;
c) non-corrosive gases including natural gas, biomethane gas, hydrogen gas and mixtures of these gases where technical evaluation has ensured that operating conditions or constituents or properties of the gas do not affect the safe operation and maintenance of the service line.
It applies to their design, construction, commissioning, decommissioning, operation, maintenance, extension and other associated works including safety and environmental aspects. The service line is the physical asset comprising of pipework from the gas main branch saddle or top tee to the outlet of the distribution system operator’s nominated point(s) of delivery (for example: isolation valve, regulator, meter connection or combination of regulator and isolation valve).
Specific functional requirements for:
- polyethylene pipelines are given in EN 12007-2;
- steel pipelines are given in EN 12007-3;
- polyamide (PA-U) pipelines are given in CEN/TS 12007-6;
- pipework for buildings are given in EN 1775;
- pressure regulating installations are given in EN 12279 or EN 12186;
- pressure testing, commissioning and decommissioning are given in EN 12327;
- safety management system (SMS) and pipeline integrity management system (PIMS) are given in EN 17649 .
For guidance on methodology for methane emissions quantification for gas transmission, distribution and storage systems and LNG terminals, see CEN/TS 17874 .
This document represents the recommendations at the time of its preparation. It does not apply retrospectively to installations before the publication date unless specifically stated.
This document specifies common basic principles for gas infrastructure. Users of this document are expected to be aware that there can exist more detailed national standards and/or codes of practice in the CEN member countries. This document is intended to be applied in association with these national standards and/or codes of practice setting out the above-mentioned basic principles.
European Legislation/regulations and national legislation is obligatory for all member states. In the event of terms of additional requirements in legislation/regulation than in this document, CEN/TR 13737 (all parts) illustrates these terms.
CEN/TR 13737 gives:
- description of all legislations/regulations applicable in a member state;
- if appropriate, more restrictive national requirements;
- a national contact point for the latest information.
БДС EN 12007-5:2014
prБДС EN 12007-5:2023
40.60 Close of voting
Jun 22, 2023