This document specifies basic test and condition requirements for deflection pulleys and sling gear which are attached to ropes and rope end connectors in forestal applications.
It is applicable to forestal hauling operations including rope-assisted felling.
This document is applicable to the following elements, sling gear and fastening elements:
- deflection pulleys used in forestal hauling operation (see 3.22);
- choker ropes;
- choker chains;
- radio-controlled chokers;
- round slings/tree protectors;
- tree towing ropes;
- rope slide hooks/rope sliders/choker hooks.
It is not applicable to the following sling gear:
- the functional safety of radio-controlled chokers;
- non-sheathed tree towing ropes made of synthetic fibres;
- slings and deflection pulleys for the function and structure of mobile yarders as defined in EN 16517:2021 (e.g. for the installation of the haul-back line).
prБДС EN 17822:2023
60.55 Ratification completed (DOR)
Jan 2, 2023