1.1 Scope of FprEN 1993-1-8
(1) FprEN 1993-1-8 provides rules for structural design of joints subject to predominantly static loading using all steel grades from S235 up to and including S700, unless otherwise stated in individual clauses.
NOTE As an alternative to the design rules provided in Clause 9, the design rules given in CEN/TR 1993-1-801 "Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures - Part 1 801: Hollow section joints design according to the component method" can be used.
(2) The provisions in this document apply to steels complying with the requirements given in EN 1993 1 1 and to material thickness greater than or equal to 3 mm, unless otherwise stated in individual clauses.
(1) Unless specifically stated, EN 1990, EN 1991 (all parts) and the other relevant parts of EN 1993-1 (all parts) apply.
(2) The design methods given in FprEN 1993-1-8 are applicable if:
- the execution quality is as specified in EN 1090-2,
- the construction materials and products used are as specified in the relevant parts of EN 1993 (all parts), or in the relevant material and product specifications.
When the standard is harmonized under a directive or regulation, the word Harmonized appear. When such an inscription does not appear, it means that the standard is related to / supporting the relevant directive or regulation.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
БДС EN 1993-1-8:2005
prБДС EN 1993-1-8:2023
50.60 Close of voting. Proof returned by secretariat
Nov 16, 2023