The services specified in this document are health and social care services for older persons provided by healthcare and social care personnel. This document
- specifies requirements and recommendations for services provided to the older person at home and in care homes, based on the older person's individual needs and preferences to assist self-determination, participation, and a safe and secure old age.
- specifies requirements and recommendations for systematic approaches regarding the service provider’s ability to produce a good quality of care and support for the older person.
- covers services irrespective of the legal form of ownership and whether the service is publicly or privately funded.
- is applicable to care providers, regardless of structure, organization, ownership, size or type of the care services provided.
- can be used by the service provider at all management levels in the organization to plan, lead, implement, maintain, evaluate and improve the quality of the service.
- can be used by the provider for internal audits or self-assessment and/or external parties for certification/accreditation to assess the provider’s ability to meet the older person´s needs and expectations.
- can be used to provide basic information for procurement and education.
- does not cover standardization of medical devices and clinical guidelines.
prСД CEN/TS 17500:2022
60.55 Ratification completed (DOR)
Oct 17, 2021
Only informative sections of projects are publicly available. To be in charge of development of standards, you will need to become a member of the Technical committee. If you are a member, please log in to your account by clicking on the "Log in" button.