1.1 Scope of FprEN 1999-1-1
(1) FprEN 1999-1-1 gives basic design rules for structures made of wrought aluminium alloys and limited guidance for cast alloys (see Clause 5 and Annex C).
This document does not cover the following, unless otherwise explicitly stated in this document:
- components with material thickness less than 0,6 mm;
- welded components with material thickness less than 1,5 mm;
- connections with:
- steel bolts and pins with diameter less than 5 mm;
- aluminium bolts and pins with diameter less than 8 mm;
- rivets and thread forming screws with diameter less than 3,9 mm.
(1) In addition to the general assumptions of EN 1990 the following assumptions apply:
- execution complies with EN 1090-3 and EN 1090-5;
- the mechanical properties comply with the product standards listed in 5.2.2.
(2) EN 1999 is intended to be used in conjunction with:
- European Standards for construction products relevant for aluminium structures;
- EN 1090-1, Execution of steel structures and aluminium structures - Part 1: Requirements for conformity assessment of structural components;
- EN 1090-3, Execution of steel structures and aluminium structures - Part 3: Technical requirements for aluminium structures;
- EN 1090-5, Execution of steel structures and aluminium structures - Part 5: Technical requirements for cold-formed structural aluminium elements and cold-formed structures for roof, ceiling, floor and wall applications.
When the standard is harmonized under a directive or regulation, the word Harmonized appear. When such an inscription does not appear, it means that the standard is related to / supporting the relevant directive or regulation.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
БДС EN 1999-1-1:2007
prБДС EN 1999-1-1:2023
60.55 Ratification completed (DOR)
Jan 2, 2023