This document specifies the safety rules related to passenger and goods/passenger lifts installed in existing buildings where limitations enforced by certain building constraints mean that some requirements of EN 81-20:2020 cannot be met.
It addresses the following constraints and gives requirements for alternative solutions:
- existing perforate walls of the lift well;
- reduction in available well are leading to reduced distance between car, counterweight or balancing weight;
- counterweight or balancing weight in a separate existing well;
- reduced building dimensions and clearances leading to:
- reductions in available space for headroom and pit;
- reduced car roof balustrade dimensions;
- reduced height of sill apron;
- reduced height of machine and/or pulley room;
- reduced available area for access door/trap door;
- reduction in available height of landing doors.
This document is not applicable to lifts installed before the date of its publication.
When the standard is harmonized under a directive or regulation, the word Harmonized appear. When such an inscription does not appear, it means that the standard is related to / supporting the relevant directive or regulation.
Directive 2014/33/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to lifts and safety components for lifts (recast)
БДС EN 81-21:2018
БДС EN 81-21:2022
60.60 Standard published
Aug 17, 2022