1) This document specifies a test procedure that combines horizontal leaching tests with ecotoxicity tests for the assessment of eluates of the construction products specified in this scope subjected to wet conditions in outdoor use.
2) The method specified in this document is intended for the determination of the potential ecotoxicity of eluates extracted out of construction products containing constitutional organic components of main categories of product matrices P (plastics and rubbers), A (sealants and adhesives) or C (paints and coatings) according to CEN/TR 16045.
3) Construction products mainly made of inorganic materials: main categories of product matrices S (silica-based and calcareous products) and M (metals) according to CEN/TR 16045 are excluded, unless:
- the liquid or paste product hardens in direct contact with soil or groundwater; and
- the used binder contains > 50 % organics by mass.
NOTE 1 This exception mainly refers to products used for soil injection and stabilization, e.g. grouts.
Also, the method is not intended for construction products made of treated or untreated solid wood in main category of product matrix W (wood-based products) according to CEN/TR 16045. For engineered bio-based products the test procedure can be of interest.
4) This document is not applicable for the assessment of terrestrial ecotoxicity of construction products.
NOTE 2 Terrestrial ecotoxicity tests for construction products are described in CEN/TR 17105.
When the standard is harmonized under a directive or regulation, the word Harmonized appear. When such an inscription does not appear, it means that the standard is related to / supporting the relevant directive or regulation.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
СД CEN/TS 17459:2023
60.60 Standard published
May 15, 2023