This European standard provides core product category rules (PCR) for Type III environmental declarations for any construction product and construction service.
NOTE The assessment of social and economic performances at product level is not covered by this standard.
The core PCR:
- defines the parameters to be declared and the way in which they are collated and reported,
- describes which stages of a product’s life cycle are considered in the EPD and which processes are to be included in the life cycle stages,
- defines rules for the development of scenarios,
- includes the rules for calculating the Life Cycle Inventory and the Life Cycle Impact Assessment underlying the EPD, including the specification of the data quality to be applied,
- includes the rules for reporting predetermined, environmental and health information, that is not covered by LCA for a product, construction process and construction service where necessary,
- defines the conditions under which construction products can be compared based on the information provided by EPD.
For the EPD of construction services the same rules and requirements apply as for the EPD of construction products.
When the standard is harmonized under a directive or regulation, the word Harmonized appear. When such an inscription does not appear, it means that the standard is related to / supporting the relevant directive or regulation.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec