(1) EN 1993-2 provides a general basis for the structural design of steel bridges and steel parts of composite bridges. It gives provisions that supplement, modify or supersede the equivalent provisions given in the various parts of EN 1993-1.
(2) The design criteria for composite bridges are covered in EN 1994-2.
(3) The design of high strength cables and related parts are included in EN 1993-1-11.
(4) This European Standard is concerned only with the resistance, serviceability and durability of bridge structures. Other aspects of design are not considered.
(5) For the execution of steel bridge structures, EN 1090 should be taken into account.
NOTE: As long as EN 1090 is not yet available a provisional guidance is given in Annex C.
(6) Execution is covered to the extent that is necessary to indicate the quality of the construction materials and products that should be used and the standard of workmanship needed to comply with the assumptions of the design rules.
(7) Special requirements of seismic design are not covered. Reference should be made to the requirements given in EN 1998, which complements and modifies the rules of EN 1993-2 specifically for this purpose.
When the standard is harmonized under a directive or regulation, the word Harmonized appear. When such an inscription does not appear, it means that the standard is related to / supporting the relevant directive or regulation.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
БДС EN 1993-2:2007
prБДС EN 1993-2:2021
20.60 Close of comment period
Oct 19, 2020