1.1 Scope of prEN 1993-1-2
(1) This document provides rules for the design of steel structures for the accidental situation of fire exposure. This Part of EN 1993 only identifies differences from, or supplements to, normal temperature design.
(2) This document applies to steel structures required to fulfil a loadbearing function.
(3) This document does not include rules for separating function.
(4) This document gives principles and application rules for the design of structures for specified requirements in respect of the aforementioned function and the levels of performance.
(5) This document applies to structures, or parts of structures, that are within the scope of EN 1993 1 1 and are designed accordingly.
(6) This document is intended to be used in conjunction with EN 1991-1-2, EN 1993-1-1, EN 1993 1-3, EN 1993-1-4, EN 1993-1-5, EN 1993-1-6, EN 1993-1-7, EN 1993-1-8, EN 1993-1-11, EN 1993-1-13 or EN 1993-1-14.
(1) Unless specifically stated, EN 1990, EN 1991(all parts) and EN 1993-1-1 apply.
(2) The design methods given in prEN 1993-1-2 are applicable if
- the execution quality is as specified in EN 1090-2 and/or EN 1090-4, and
- the construction materials and products used are as specified in prEN 1993-1-1:2020, Table 5.1 and Table 5.2 and in prEN 1993-1-3:2022, Table 5.1 and Table 5.2, or in the relevant material and product specifications.
(3) In addition to the general assumptions of EN 1990 the following assumptions apply:
- the choice of the relevant design fire scenario is made by appropriate qualified and experienced personnel, or is given by the relevant national regulation;
- any fire protection measure taken into account in the design will be adequately maintained.
When the standard is harmonized under a directive or regulation, the word Harmonized appear. When such an inscription does not appear, it means that the standard is related to / supporting the relevant directive or regulation.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
БДС EN 1993-1-2:2005
prБДС EN 1993-1-2:2023
45.99 Dispatch of FV draft to CCMC
Jun 2, 2023